Can I get my family to Germany?

For getting your family to Germany, you need to have a residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel). See therefore our article here.

Please note:

  • The reunification of family (Familienzusammenführung) is limited to husband or wife and minor children (under 18).
  • If you have the subsidiary protection (Subsidiärer Schutzstatus), the reunification may be suspended.
  • Pay attention on the deadline: You only have a limited amount of time to bring your family to Germany. If you miss the deadline, it will be more difficult.

Check out Samir’s story: