If you want to marry:
- you need to be single (not married),
- 18 or older (at legal age) and
- take the decision by your own (not someone else)
- It is not allowed to marry close family members, half siblings and adopted children.
- Same-sex couples are allowed to get married.
For more information, please visit the Standesamt (Civil Registry Office) of your or your partner’s district. If you can not find the office by yourself, ask your social service for help.
Check out Mitra’s & Mohammad’s story: