They put me over 18 – but I am under 18!

If you are under the age of 18 without having official identity documents, the Young Refugee Center (here flyer) will usually have an interview with you to check your age.

If the Young Refugee Center decides that you are 18 or older, than you have the possibility to appeal the decision (pay attention on the date until when you can appeal – you find it on the official decision document from the Young Refugee Center).

If you want to appeal, get help from these organisations:

  • Talk with your social service about your personal situation.
  • Get some advice from the Infobus for refugees (by Munich Refugee Council). You find the locations and opening hours here.
  • If possible, get a lawyer. Your social service can help you to find one.