Where do I get a work permit?

Check first if you are allowed to work (Read our article “Am I allowed to work?“)

If you are allowed to work, you will need to get the Arbeitserlaubnis (work permit) to start working:

  1. Your employer or boss has to fill in the paper Ausländerbeschäftigung which you can find here.
  2. Submit this paper (completed by your boss) at Ausländerbehörde (Foreigners Office).
  3. Wait for response (up to 6 weeks).
  4. If you get a positive response, you can start working.

Please note: If your employer or boss wants to get more information about employing asylum seekers, he or she can check this website here.

Check out Farhan’s story: